Many new parents associate a newborn with a lack of sleep, crying baby, and lots of poopy diapers. A postpartum doula can help you during this transition period helping to make it a more enjoyable and memorable experience. As a postpartum doula, I come to your home and provide an extra pair of hands to care for baby and provide advice for new parents.
I am able to help with various tasks around the house, breastfeeding assistance, and very importantly, professionally care for baby so you can rest and heal. During the daytime I can help prepare meals, provide sibling care, and do light household chores while you rest or spend time with your other children. At night I can care for baby so you can sleep, bringing him/her to you during nursing time and then take care of diaper changes throughout the night.
Postpartum Doula Pricing
Free Initial Consultation Included with All Packages
Postpartum Support & Planning
— $175 (in person, phone, and email)
- Postpartum consultation: One visit (between 38 weeks & 10 days post-birth) to discuss postpartum plan
- Unlimited phone and email support as needed for six weeks after delivery
- Assistance in developing a postpartum plan (i.e. breastfeeding resources, meal planning, household planning, sibling adjustment, sleep planning, etc.)
- Referrals & assistance to find resources for breastfeeding support, childcare, child safety, and nutrition
Postpartum Doula Day Support
— $320 (your home)
- Four 4 hour postpartum doula visits to be scheduled within 8 weeks of delivery.
- Doula will assist mom with “motherly” duties including breastfeeding assistance, newborn sleep support, light housework, food preparation, sibling care and other light household tasks.
- Fee is $25/hr without package.